Saturday, August 26, 2006

100 Views - 65
2006

Recently finished:

Sylvia Wolf - Ed Ruscha and Photography
Clement Greenberg - Homemade Esthetics
Douglas Fogle - The Last Picture Show
Cormac McCarthy - No Country for Old Men
J.M. Coetzee - Disgrace, Waiting for the Barbarians, Youth, Elizabeth Costello, Slow Man

Recently abandoned:

Russell Hoban - The Bat Tattoo
Geoff Dyer - Paris Trance
David Quamman - Monster of God

The Ruscha book was a gift from my friend Bonnie (hardcover, signed by the artist!) and one of the nicer ones I've ever received. At this point, probably the one book I would grab in a fire.
Coetzee's Disgrace and Waiting for the Barbarians are two of the best novels I've read in a long, long time, and the only two titles on the list that I'd unreservedly recommend to anyone who's reading.